AARF works to create a world where every pet matters through our community outreach programs. We offer a variety of seminars and workshops for adults, spay/neuter and vaccine assistance for low-income pet owners and humane education programs for children.
Our outreach programs seek to increase the overall health and wellbeing of pets in our community. We often partner with other organizations to provide direct support for pets and education for the families that care for them.
Our outreach program uses strategies from Pets for Life, a successful model developed by the Humane Society of the United States that incorporates ongoing neighborhood outreach, community-wide events, and free or very low cost services for pets such as training, humane education, spay/neuter surgeries, and wellness care.
All offers a wide variety of seminars for the public. If you are interested in any of the seminars, please fill out and return the Presentation Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be A Tree - The Be a Tree program is a dog bite prevention seminar program for school age children. This program focuses on fun and interactive activities to teach children how to read dog body language and how to act safely around their own dog and strange dogs.
- Dog Body Language for Parents - This seminar is designed to help parents learn to read dog body language, especially when interacting with children. The goal of the seminar is to learn strategies to intervene before a bite happens.
- Introduction to Raw Feeding - Want to improve your pet's diet? This seminar discusses the rationale behind raw feeding and strategies for transitioning your pet to a raw diet. This seminar is appropriate for both pet owners and pet retailers who want their staff to learn more about raw foods.
- Vaccine clinics - AARF hosts low-cost vaccine clinics 1-2 times per month. Please check the calendar for details. If you live in Stone Mountain and need help with the cost of vaccines, please download and complete the SMV Healthy Pets Program application here for assistance.
- Low-cost spay/neuter - AARF hosts low-cost spay/neuter clinics once a month. AARF has limited funding for low-income pet owners to help with the cost of spay/neuter. Please email AARF Director Susan Leisure at email@example.com for information about spay/neuter subsidies.